Monday, June 19, 2017

Day 17 - NATURE CONVERSATION

STONES/NATURE IN GENERAL
38“Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!” 39 And some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples.” 40 He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”  Luke 19:38-40


NATURE CONVERSATION

This morning my kids and I sang together "Ain't No Rock," a song inspired by the above Scripture.

"Ain't no rock gonna cry in my placeAs long as I'm alive I'll glorify His Holy name."

There are a few other verses that speak of creation responding in worship to God or in anticipation of Him setting things right.

NATURE JOURNAL

Make a list of things God created, as you see them. This may seem elementary, but the activity makes you slow down for a moment and ponder all the different aspects of creation. It may inspire a poem or drawing or it may inspire a moment of awe and worship. It might also inspire questions in need of further study.


One of the main purposes of the nature journaling is to slow down because in slowing down we have time to observe. The process of observation leads to internalizing. It also leads to curiousity and wonder.

NATURE STUDY

Take time to study something in depth, inspired by your time out in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A mom who is beginning the process of homeschooling her children. My background is in teaching ESL, as well as Bible teaching.