Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Day 15 - NATURE CONVERSATION

ROCKS
The Rock, his work is perfect, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness and without iniquity, just and upright is he.  Deuteronomy 32:4
Israel landscape

My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. 2 Samuel 22:3

NATURE CONVERSATION

When outside examining rocks, share Scripture about God being our Rock, such as the Scriptures above.  Ask why is God called "the Rock"?  Maybe because of the strength of rocks (hardness).  But also consider the context of the Scripture - it was written in Israel.  As pictured above, rocks were a place of refuge.  Here is a hymn to reflect on and worship to:

NATURE JOURNAL


NATURE STUDY


  • Identifying Rocks Interactive Site
  • The Mystery of the Star Ruby by Gertrude Chandler Warner - this book has made me kids want to go on a mining trip. We haven't yet, but are looking for opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A mom who is beginning the process of homeschooling her children. My background is in teaching ESL, as well as Bible teaching.